My biggest fear isn't drowning.
It isn't spiders, snakes, or the color blue.
I'm not afraid of death.
My biggest fear is complacency.
I'm scared to death that I'll wake up one day,
near the end of my life,
and realize that I've wasted my life.
That I will go through life like anyone else.
That I won't share the gospel.
That I'll lose my desire for God.
That I'll forget what matters most - bringing glory to God.
That somehow, somewhere in the mix of life - I'll get off the narrow path.
That I'll stumble into the american dream,
and somehow find a shallow satisfaction in that.
What do I want to do, and desire above all other things?
To live a life that's glorifying to God.
To be able to face Him one day and know that,
while I will fail,
through my mistakes and short comings He was glorified.
That somehow through my sinful nature and failures,
the Kingdom of God was furthered and people were brought to the Lord.
Not through anything I had done, but through Christ's Redeeming blood.
This is my biggest fear.
The first step to overcoming fears is recognition, right?
My prayer is that Christ will give me the strength to conquer this,
may it never be the truth or the life I live.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
