Nostalgia.
I feel this way when I look outside.
When I see the sun.
When I see the sun on the trees.
When I see trees.
Basically anytime I see creation.
I smile.
God smiles.
We smile together.
It's the best way I connect with Him.
Creation.
Oh, how I love the outdoors.
Breathing in clean fresh air and just staring at the beauty that surrounds me.
It's breath-taking.
It's dazzling.
Wow, God, you really knew what you were doing!
I get an overwhelming sense of awe, love, and admiration for my Creator.
I feel like He has His arm around my shoulder,
as He points out different parts of His masterpiece.
"Do you see the grooves in that tree bark?
The way the sun hits that branch and the shadow it casts?
The way the water licks at the side of the river bank, never going past where I tell it to?
The way the world seems peaceful and slow when snow is falling?
Or the way the green grass is like carpet?
I made it first you know - the grass came before carpet!"
Mmm. Intimate moments with God.
Whether they actually happen like that or not, it's the closeness I feel that matters I suppose.
It's the loving embrace.
The nearness.
The knowledge that no matter what's going on,
I can take a deep breath and look outside and be reminded of the Father's love for me.
When I am weak, He is strong. Wow. What a great reminder.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
