He's there.
Whispering in my ear.
Telling me I'm worthless.
or other things I now expect to hear.
Telling me I'm fat
telling me I shouldn't eat
telling me I'm too tall
or of sins I can't defeat
telling me the world is the best choice
that I've got it all wrong
telling me that I'm not valueable
or that my nose is too long
telling me I'll never measure up
to the people on TV
telling me I'll never make it
or be who I want to be
whispering in my ear
all these lies and half truths
making me believe
it's the only point of view
as his malicious grin
fills my mind
and I know that he
is not the only of his kind
his mockery continues
day in and day out
sometimes it makes me cry
sometimes it makes me shout
this is something
i can overcome
he is not triumphant
the battle isn't won
All i need to do
is listen to the quieter voice
the one that is so gentle
I have to make the choice
to listen to my Father
who loves me lots and lots
instead of the deceiver
who against me constantly plots
to undermine my confidence
and tell me I'm not pretty
to laugh in my face
and tell me I'm not witty
But I'm listening to the other voice
the voice of reason and love
the voice filled with compassion
the voice that comes from above.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
