I had done it
A sick grin forms on my face.
I had just pushed myself
to the end of the race
As the sweat drips off my face
and onto the floor
I wondered if I had
energy any more
to even walk out the door
out to the shower
what time was it anyways?
Is anyone up at this hour?
Endorphins made it all worthwhile
all the pain and sweat
but I'd do it all again
on that I would bet
equivalent to 7 miles running
was what I had achieved
a couple months earlier
I had thought it out of my league
but here I sat, triumphant
unable to peel myself off the ground
unable to scream in happiness
or even to make a sound
I had done it
I had kick boxed for an hour
then the stench hit me
it was time for a shower.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
