Dear Men,
Women are different. In case you didn't already know this, we are. I'm writing this to hopefully shed light on some things that you might not already know about us.
Men lust physically, women lust emotionally. While you (from what I'm told) lust after a women for sex, we lust after men to fulfill our emotional needs. Now this is not ALWAYS the case, but frequently when talking to boys, or after we talk to them, we imagine what it would be like to date them. To talk to them. To get to know them. And, after a few seconds, we imagine what it'd be like to marry them. How we'd interact. What we'd name our kids. What color our house would be, etc.
As women we want to be known. We want to be cherished. We want to be loved. We desire emotional attachment. So, while it's not as obvious, we lust too. Chick flicks play on this by painting a picture of love that seems perfect. They play with our hearts, tempting us and leading us to desire love even more by the end. Sometimes, even leading to physical heartache at the lack of love life that we may possess at that given time. Romance novels are in the same boat.
This isn't to say that women don't lust physically as well. It can be a struggle from time to time, it just isn't to the same level that you do.
We give our hearts away way too easily, so be gentle.
Help us: Now that you know, how can you help? Be careful with how you interact with us. Pursue if you're going to pursue, and be very up front about just being friends if that's what it is. We over analyze everything. Be intentional. Be careful with how much time you spend with us. Just be up front with your intentions. We appreciate it. Respect us. Don't flirt unless you mean it. Pray for us, as we pray for you. Be humble when it comes to your bodies. We admire men who are fit, but don't flaunt it.
That girl you're talking to? She's someone else's wife.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
