This week God taught me a new game.
"Find the snake."
When I'm frustrated.
Find the snake.
When I'm downcast.
Find the snake.
When I'm discouraged.
Find the snake.
Where are his lies?
What is he trying to get me to believe?
What situation is he using to drag down my joy?
When you pinpoint the source of the lies, it's much easier to preach truth into those areas.
Where is satan feeding lies and desperation? Where am I believing him?
As I look back on this week, to the moments when I was on the verge of tears, to the moments when all hope seemed lost, and to the moments when the light at the end of the tunnel seemed so out of reach, I realize how much I need to learn this game.
In those moments, when I stopped and thought about it, satan was right in front of me. His lies hold much less hold when you expose them in the light.
Thanks, Lord, for continuing to teach me. For loving me when I allow myself to get discouraged and dragged down by lies from the deceiver. Thanks, Lord, for continuing to point me to Christ.
To the Cross I cling. Even in my suffering, HE is my all in all.
Every last breath I breath, every broken song I sing, He is my all in all.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
