Perfection.
It's something I've strived for since before I can remember.
A burden I've carried from a young age.
Never happy with any of my work.
Never content with what I've done,
only seeing the improvements to be made.
Today God lifted that burden.
He showed me that it's okay to be broken.
It's okay to not be okay.
It's okay to be sad.
To be upset.
To be hurting.
In reality - we live in a broken world,
full of broken people.
And I'm one of them.
As a Christian, my life isn't perfect.
In fact, a lot of the time it feels like it's anything but that.
It's not that as Christians our lives will be easy.
It's not that as a Christian my life will be all sunshine and flowers.
We go through struggles. We go through hardships. We go through trials.
It's how we react and deal with those situations that matters.
We might not always be happy, but we can find Joy through the cross.
I'm not the mistakes I've made.
I'm not my past.
I'm not the things that have happened to me.
My desire is that when people see me,
they won't see Aunica.
My desire is that they'll see my Father.
That through me, they'll see a part of my Savior.
The reason for my Joy.
That through the cracks in my heart,
He'll shine through.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 -->
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great
revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of
Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in
hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I
am strong.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
