Today God reminded me of how incredibly blessed I am to be at a Christian college.
I look around our campus and see kids who care about God,
maybe some less than I would hope,
but they do - to an extent - at least care about God.
I'm not persecuted for my faith,
I can openly talk about my joy for the Lord without a thought.
I can discuss deep theological topics with other people my age who genuinely care and will search scripture for answers.
I can say I'll be praying for someone without them ever getting upset with me.
I can take bible classes and deepen my biblical knowledge.
I can have accountability partners.
I can have bible studies.
I am incredibly blessed,
and I praise the Lord for this time of growing,
knowing that in a few years I'll once again find myself in the world.
Surrounded by the depth of despair and pain that encompasses our fallen world,
but this time I'll have tasted the depth of peace that comes from living in community with believers.
This time, I'll be better equipped to take the world for Christ.
Look out, world, this girl really loves Jesus -
and she's not afraid to talk about it.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
