Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say.
"More, more."
I have God's more-than-enough,
More joy in one ordinary day
Than they get in all their shopping sprees.
At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep,
For you, God, have put my life back together.
-- Psalm 4:6-8 (Message)
That passage pretty much sums up life for me the past couple days. My life is like a vase. My sin caused it to fall to the ground and shatter. God lovingly swept up each and every piece and gently glued every shard back in its place. I am once again whole, and God will use the cracks for His glory, just like He will use my weaknesses for His glory. Isn't it encouraging and freeing to know that even though we fail and make mistakes so, so often that God can that? It shouldn't be surprising, He is, after all, the creator of the Universe. He is God, and I am not. And for that fact I am pleased.
I'm just happy. God has given me an overflowing Joy. Mmm. The Joy of peace in Christ. Contentment, but not comfort or laziness - contentment that causes me to desire more and more of God. He is good.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...

Mmm. A beautiful thought. I got goosebumps. God is good! <3
ReplyDelete