I've recently felt deep distressed over my idolatry.
I've had to reconcile myself to the fact that, no matter how hard I try, I'm always going to be idolatrous.
I'm never going to desire God as much as I should.
I'm never going to defeat my sin nature completely.
Sanctification is a process.
It doesn't happen overnight.
It isn't completed on this earth.
Idolatry is like a game of wack-a-mole.
The mallet is the Word. The name of the game is life.
Every time I knock down one of those pesky moles,
two more pop up.
And two after that.
And two more after that.
The game isn't over until my time on this earth is over.
I'm going to struggle.
I'm going to fail.
I'm never going to defeat my deeply imbedded sin nature until my last breath has gone.
Idolatry is a weed.
So often I pluck the stem, the leaves, or even the flower.
The reality is - the roots are deep.
They've burrowed their way into the depths of my heart and anchored.
They've laced their way through my veins.
So many times when reading the Old Testament, I judge the Israelites on their struggles.
"Why would they ever choose that stupid calf over God?"
"How can they be that dumb?"
And so on and so forth.
The reality of it is: I'm no better than them.
I choose things over God all the time.
Shoot.
Lord, help me.
I can't do this on my own.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
