Something I've realized about myself over the past year is this:
I don't often show my true feelings.
Yeah, I show excitement, and sadness.
But aside from that - the times that people actually know how I'm feeling are far and few between.
For the longest time, I've worn a mask.
I've felt like, as a Christian, in order to be a "good" Christian, I need to be happy.
I've felt like I need to hide struggles, trials, and shortcomings.
That weakness was wrong.
That unhappiness was a sin.
I've realized, however, that no one is perfect.
Everybody struggles.
Everybody goes through trials.
Everyone falls short.
Instead of drawing people to Christ, my mask pushed them away.
I still haven't found the balance.
I feel like I'm a fire victim, scarred by the flames of life.
I need to find the balance between showing people all my scars, and none of them.
I don't know all the answers.
I don't know what it looks like.
But I'm learning, and growing, and slowly but surely I'm able to keep my mask off for longer periods of time.
To be vulnerable.
To be open.
To be real.
To allow God to work through my weaknesses, and shine His strength when I have none.
God is strong. I am not.
That's okay.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
