Breathing.
Oh, how often I take breathing for granted.
Until one day I struggle to breathe.
I have a cold, I run too fast, and asthma and my sickness collide -
as the world shuts down for a moment as I gasp for breath,
and as my vision clouds and threatens to take me down.
In that moment, I am thankful for the quick intake of icy air that follows those moments of panic.
After those moments, I scarcely take a breath without thanking the Lord that it's not my last.
Shouldn't I live every breath like this?
Constantly aware that my life is but a vapor in the wind?
Life is short.
Why am I not living a life radical for Christ?
Why do I let a day go by where I pass up an opportunity to talk about my Savior?
Life is a precious gift,
and time on this earth is short.
Shouldn't I want others to be able to partake in the life to come?
Should I passively give up opportunities to share the good news, never giving that person a chance to accept or reject Christ?
My life is not my own.
To live is Christ, to die is gain.
I desire to live a life that worthy of the gospel.
I desire to live a life that emulates Christ.
I desire God.
I desire God more than anything.
I desire God more than food.
I desire God more than breathing.
I desire God more than life itself.
I desire to breathe each breath like it's my last.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
