Busy. Busy. Busy.
As Christmas near (EEP!) and classes continue to be crazy, I'm reminded of that scene in Frosty the Snowman where the man who originally owned the hat says "Bus-y, Bus-y, Bus-y!"
Okay. So I don't remember the context or anything, but it's definitely been on my mind.
My soul longs for Christ.
My heart aches for His companionship.
I want Him. I need Him. I cannot and will not live without Him.
I know these things. I feel them, but it's been really easy for me to forget them in the craziness of life.
I'm not sure why it's different here than at Bethel. Maybe because I feel less lonely and I have less free time?
Last year I was really good about getting my Jesus time.
Date night every week. Breakfast every morning.
Jesus was always on my mind.
I guess satan attacked me in different ways, though.
This semester his attack has come in the form of busyness.
When I'm working on homework, hanging out with friends, or going to class it's easy for me to forget to get my special time with Jesus.
I think after this summer when I got out of the habit it's hard to get back in.
Busyness clouds my vision.
It numbs my desire.
It gives me spiritual amnesia.
I know that I need Jesus. I feel it, but I forget it in my free time.
I need Jesus. Not just through my classes or through chapel, but I need my personal time with Him.
He is all that matters.
Lord, set eternity in my heart and renew my desire for You.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
