There I was.
Sitting in the dining center, as visions of homework assignments, tests, and projects danced in front of my eyes.
Tears threatened to spill over as the wave of anxiety crashed down on my world.
I wanted to bolt. To just run away into the night, away from it all.
I wanted to scream into a pillow.
I wanted to take a nap in the grass.
I wanted to do anything but look at the enormous pile of things I needed to get done.
I tried to calm down, to breathe deeply.
To focus on what really mattered - God.
But, unfortunately, Satan had his claws of fear and stress deep into my heart - and there was no way I was going to get out of this alone.
So I downed my sandwich in two gulps, and bolted for the library.
There, in the serenity of the upper level - I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, then gave my worries to the Lord.
He's in control.
I'm definitely realizing more and more how much I need to give God my fears, my stress, my anxieties.
I can't just give Him my joy and my sorrow, but my stress and worries as well.
Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you.
Breathe deeply of the Spirit.
Take a moment and bask in the presence of the Lord.
Sigh in relief.
How can I worry any longer when I'm craddled in the arms of the Creator?
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
