Have you ever tried to explain something crazy, horrifying, or awesome to someone?
It's hard to do, right? You might have all the facts down, you might do your best to convey the emotions and the meaning - but when you're re-telling it or writing it's difficult.
This is something that hit me this morning.
I'm reading through the gospel, and I got to the crucifixion.
I was thinking about how terrible it was, and in between the heartaches of reading about Jesus' trial and the mocking and beating He endured, it hit me.
No matter how terrible I feel that it is, despite how numb we've become, or how gruesome it is - it can't be anything compared to witnessing it.
If my heart aches when I read about it and envision it, how much worse would it be to experience it first hand? To play a part? To be a bystander?
It's hard to convey the emotions. The jeering of the crowd, the knowledge of what was about to happen, and so on and so forth.
Think about it.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
