If you've grown up in the church, it's more than likely you've gone to one of those weekend long women's retreats, heard a beauty/dating seminar, or had a girl talk in youth group or bible study. And, if that is true, you've probably met the plethora of women who write letters loyally to their future husband.
I used to be one of those women. I remember tear filled nights of loneliness, bitterly scrawling on some notebook paper. Some notes were filled with earnest love and prayer for his life as he surely encounters all of the dangers and heartache that come with our time on earth. Others were filled with telling him about my life at the time, trying to prove that I'm cool or funny or popular. Some were filled with questions - what's taking you so long? Where are you? Haven't I waited long enough? But, those seldom made it in the box that I'd give him someday.
Lately, God's been changing my heart towards these things I used to think were required of christian women. "Waiting." The letter writing. Etc.
I'm not 'waiting' for my future husband. I'm not sitting around wasting my life until he gets here. And while I learned that a few months ago (http://aunicabuseman.blogspot.com/2013/05/im-not-waiting-for-my-future-husband.html) , and continue to learn that day by day, my Abba continues to reveal to me other ways that indicate that I'm not living my life in the moment.
By writing letters, it caused me to focus not on the day by day, but on the future. Longing for married days. Longing to meet my best friend. Longing to be cared for. Cherished. Loved. Writing letters to my future husband, while it's a nice idea, has caused me to struggle to focus on what God's doing now. Writing letters has caused me to be discontent with the blessings Yahweh is giving me now.
Instead of pursuing the idea of a husband, pursue your relationship
with Christ. Channel that energy and time into your time with your
sweet Jesus. Seek Christ. Above all else. Write letters to your Abba. Spend time pouring your heart out to Yahweh. Find rest in His presence.
So, I challenge you. While writing letters to your future husband is in no way an inherently bad thing, is it causing you to be discontent? Is it causing you to be distracted? Are you fully able to be grateful for the sweet blessings Abba is giving you in the now? Are you able to live your life in the moment?
{{This all being said, I do not in any way, shape, or form think that writing to your future husband is inherently bad. I am not telling you to stop if it isn't distracting. I am simply challenging you to examine your motives and make sure it isn't causing your heart to become discontent in the presence of our sweet Jesus.}}
{This blog post is in no way meant to offend. I'd love to talk about it if you have any questions.}
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...

Hilarious and quite informative! definitely gave me a new perspective. nice work!
ReplyDelete