{I wrote this a while ago, but never published it}
As I kneel by my bedside
Previous thoughts from the day
come crashing through my mind
words I silently spoke to myself
what I said to myself when
I ate food
I looked in the mirror
I watched numerous couples walk by
"Don't eat that, you'll get fat"
"You'll never be skinny"
"You'll never have what they have"
until I got home with tear ridden eyes
threatening to spill onto the carpet below
I thought I had conquered this long ago
that God had taken my struggles from me
that I was once again experiencing Joy
but instead, that Joy?
While it was real at the time,
was really just my fear
masquerading for all to see
fooling some
confusing others
so here I kneel
pleading for help
acknowledging I can't do it alone
Asking for strength
for I am oh, so weak
pleading for forgiveness
for the time that I could have spent with you
but instead I spent it consumed with my own thoughts
so here I am
broken and shattered on the ground
asking you to once again, pick up the pieces
and glue me back together
and to somehow use my weaknesses
for your glory and strength
When you are for me,
who can be against me?
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
