Sabbath looks different
Sometimes Sabbath looks different.
Like Bon Iver
and empty houses
and big sweatshirts
and giving yourself grace to just
be.
Sometimes Sabbath looks like
taking deep breaths
and soaking in the presence
of a Creator
that isn't holding an anvil over your head
waiting for you to mess up
so He can say "I told you so."
Sabbath looks like
finding rest for your soul
and taking time to slow down
it looks like a reminder
that everything in this world will pass
someday, maybe tomorrow,
but someday.
Sabbath looks like
finding joy in the small things
like the way the sun plays across the carpet
and the peaceful breeze between the leaves
that will take a journey
in the next couple of weeks
Sometimes Sabbath looks like
dancing slowly
and being grateful
for a body that moves
and that grace can be seen
in something so soft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...

