It's happening. I'm entering the last few days of my junior year of college.
Yeah, that's right. I'm going to be a senior.
There's a sense of paralyzing fear that accompanies the thought of graduating.
To be completely honest, this isn't where I thought I'd be.
In my plan, I'd be seriously dating if not engaged to someone before I graduated.
Some days my talks with God about the future go something like this:
"Hey God. So, uh, didn't we talk about this? You KNOW how much I want to be married. Hello? Have you heard me? Are you really listening?"
Followed by sweet Yahweh reminding me that He's got this.
But, this wasn't my plan. So the question that burns itself into my brain is this: "Now what?"
I guess deep down I never expected to be at this cross road. Do I throw myself into my career? Do I work a job for the sake of making money, but not fully invest myself? What matters? How do I best spend my time if the thing I want most isn't an option?
I always thought I'd meet a guy and move wherever he wanted to go. My plan was to work for a few years to make money, then be a stay at home mom. I've never cared about a career - people mean so much more to me than my own success. But what if what I've always wanted isn't an option - with no guarantee that it will happen in the near future, if ever? What then?
So here we are. This wasn't my plan. I'm praying for guidance for this season of lasts and the great unknown to follow.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
