I'm reminded today of all the families who are missing children or parents.
Of the parents who want to wake up to find that it was all a bad dream.
Of the tear-streaked faces.
Of the numb pain.
Of presents that will never be opened.
Of the children whose eyes will never open.
Of the Christmas that won't be filled with family time and laughter, but funerals and tears.
My heart aches for theses families.
I can't express the pain I feel for them, and my soul pleads for their comfort.
Lord, hold them in your arms - remind them of your Love and purpose today and for the days and years to come.
Renew their hope.
Help them to take one step at a time and breathe in your comfort and peace.
Their lives are forever changed, but I pray that God can be glorified through this horror.
While America thinks of them for a few hours or a few days, these parents will never forget this tragedy.
My prayer is that, while they will never forget or fully recover, that they will find their comfort and peace in Christ.
"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." (Romans 12:15)
This world is not our home, and today I'm thankful for that reminder. Set eternity in our hearts, Lord.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
