You're just another
teenage girl
trying to find your place
in this lonely world
looking for love
in all the wrong places
tired of staring
at all those blank faces
you look for acceptance
wherever you can find it
searching for the place
that into it you fit
you drink on the weekends
smoking in your car
wearing low cut shirts
trying to be the star
of your own reality TV show
a tell all interview
that shows that you're not as together
as people generally think of you
trying drugs of every color
flirting with all the player boys
trying not to get pregnant
before you graduate, it's your choice
you laugh too loudly
smile too widely
walk too quickly
flirt too deftly
to understand that you're not the only one
going through this masquerade
trying to find your place
and keep the fear at bay
seeing a crowd in every direction
of people you have to please
until the tears start rolling
and you fall to your knees
when did this all start?
you wonder inside
as you try to figure out new ways
to keep people from seeing inside your life
you don't want them to see the real you
the fake one is much more cool
you can be whoever you want
without any pain, that's the rule
but as you get older you see
it wasn't worth it at all
instead of not getting hurt
you lost yourself in the fall
you scramble to get your life back
as it slips through your hands
you just wanted to fit in
to give into all the world's demands
but here you are now
without a clue who you are
trying to take off the mask
and keep from getting scars
you look for love
in a the wrong places
until to your real soul
you can't find the traces.
Popular Posts
-
This quote is taken from the book When God Writes Your Love Stor y by Eric & Leslie Ludy on page 253. "Our Love Hungry generation...
-
If i told you a song by Me If i told you i love you would you tell me the truth would you get real confused if i told you i love ...
-
A poem I wrote for my Grandfather Royce Luiken when I was 10 I held your hand, but couldn't keep you from dying. I wanted to say go...
-
Recently i've been thinking, i know i love God, but am i IN love with Him? This caused me to think back... He's the greatest wa...
-
How great is our God Sing with me, how great is our God? And all who see, How great, How great, Is our God? I just want to ch...
-
Sometimes it's hard to remember. I am blessed. In the midst of the crazy I easily lose sight of what truly matters. The slippery slope o...
-
God created Adam & Eve never a thought about Adam & Steve it's not how we're created sinful lust unsatiated no chil...
-
Crying is weird. After not crying for as long as I can remember, I've started crying again this year. Not a lot, but it's definitely...
-
So this blog is going to be my only blog from now on. It's just all my old stuff thrown into one so it's sorta mixed up! I'll tr...
-
Mmm. God is good. Peace comes with relief. Hugs are wonderful. Even when you're broken, and I mean - falling to pieces. When I'm a ...
